Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Finance is appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Orrville City Council, based on competence demonstrated through experience and/or education. This individual manages financial affairs for Orrville, Ohio, under the direction of the Mayor’s Office.
- Preparing budget estimates for the City of Orrville.
- Supervising the distribution of city monies and controlling city expenditures.
- Maintaining an accounting system and controlling budgets for all Orrville departments, offices, and agencies.
- Preparing financial statements and reports, providing receipt and disbursement statements, and recording fees and revenues due to the City of Orrville.
- Controlling public funds and investments of the City of Orrville, including making deposits and investments on behalf of the City (under the direction of the Mayor’s Office and Orrville City Council).
- Attending all regular Orrville City Council and Public Utilities Board meetings, either in person or via an authorized delegate.
- Another employee or officer of the City of Orrville may also be designated to take on the role of Acting Director of Finance should there be an absence, disability, or vacancy in the office of the Director of Finance.
Janet L. Strimlan
207 North Main Street
Orrville, OH 44667
Phone: (330) 684-5006
Fax: (330) 684-5023
Appointed: February 2009