The City authorized a new trash contract with Kimble Recycling & Disposal effective January 1, 2021. There are several upcoming changes that will effect all Orrville customers as follows:
- The monthly rates are being increased to $15.90 per month. The monthly rate has remained the same for the past five years. The new rate will also remain in effect for five years.
- There will no longer be a reduced senior citizen rate available.
- The City's collection date remains on THURSDAY; however, all trash must be set out to the curb by 6:30 am, which is a change.
- Effective with the new contract, there will now be a limit on bags picked up weekly. You may fill your dark green 96-gallon solid waste cart plus up to eight (8) additional 30-gallon bags or cans. The additional 30-gallon bags/cans must weight less than 50 pounds and have enough strength to maintain their integrity when lifted from the top. Cardboard boxes, 55-gallon drums, or barrels cannot be used as waste receptables. Bagged leaves or bundled yard waste will be included in the additional bags or cans allowed but must not exceed 50 pounds or 4 feet in length.
- There is also a change in bulk (large item) collection. Included in the 96-gallon cart service, you may set out only one (1) bulk item per month on any regularly scheduled collection day.
- Bulk items include stoves, hot water heaters (water removed), washers, dryers, furniture, chairs, carpet (4 feet in length), etc..
- All mattresses, box springs and upholstered furniture MUST be wrapped and sealed in plastic
- Appliances containing freon (freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.) must have the freon removed and unit tagged by a qualified technician.
- If you need more than one (1) bulk item removed in a calendar month, or if you plan to exceed the "96-gallon cart plus 8 bag limit" on any given collection day, you may call Kimble Customer Service at 1-800-201-0005 to schedule exra collection in advance and prepay Kimble directly for extra collection needed.